Tuesday, January 18, 2011

$30 Richer and 1 TV Poorer

Post.
Wait.
Respond to inquiries all day.
Judge the normalcy of people by their email address and hope that your saftey is worth it.
Become a slave to the timeline of a stranger and sit at home while they show up late or don't come at all.
Successfully sell your Tube TV and become 87 pounds lighter.

After a couple of weeks of half-heartedly trying to sell our old tv I finally had a free night so I gave it another whirl and posted the item on Craigslist again. I received a couple of emails with varying levels of interest so I told a gal she could come by to see it at 7pm.

Here's where we get to the part that reminds me of a blind date. 7pm came and went. No girl. This of course left me saddened but I had not gotten my hopes up because I know how these things turn out. Then she called around 8pm and said she would be there in 10 minutes! I quickly straighten up our apartment (why do we do this for strangers). When she got there I left our door open just in case her boyfriend decided to strangle us. After they messed with the tv for a bit I said, "Well do you want it? $30 bucks." Now lets just say there was no mystery in the price. I had clearly posted the price and she had confirmed this via email. To which she replied "That's a lot of money." (her way of negotiating) So I awkwardly responded "Uh... hehe... no it's not. You'll survive." (my way of standing firm on our offer)

Weird I know but the transaction was made nonetheless.

This was an accomplishment for me because I did it all on my own and while I scour Craigslist and dream about all the money I would make selling things I don't want I never actually do it. Come by and we will show you our big shiny new toy that we use instead of this vintage piece.