Monday, December 7, 2009

Weekend Laughter

May this post bring a grin to your face as it does to mine each time I recall this moment.

Here's a little insight into my weekend. At church every Sunday, I spend about 2 hours in Nursery with kids ages 2 ½ to 3. While their parents are learning in Sunday School, I attempt to also teach these kiddos. Granted, my "lessons" usually last approximately 5 minutes and the rest of the time we play calm games, but this Sunday I was prepared and excited to teach about how Jesus created the Earth for each of them.

When I finally got them all to sit down, I showed them a picture of the Garden of Eden and we started to name all the animals we could see. Tigers, lions, birds...then one little cutie began to pump his arms and whisper "I like to move it move it. I like to move it move it." Next thing I knew, I had two kiddos rockin' to the beat, then three and then pretty soon all of them had joined in song and the volume had risen exponentially. It was practically a choreographed scene straight out of a movie. I could hardly contain my giggles these kids were so cute! Had I not had a purpose to these five minutes I might have joined them because I'm always game for a mini dance party.


But, the attention of my little ones was slipping away. I knew the movie culprit to this funky beat and with quick thinking I believed that I could easily relate Madagascar back to Jesus. Let's just say, we might need to review this lesson in the future.

Sometimes I wonder if their play dates consist of planning how they will sabotage the Nursery lesson. Either way, I treasure the happy moments these cuties share with me.

Click the image above to start your own dance party.