Saturday, December 10, 2011

Cone of Silence

As noted in previous posts, our home is small. When we first brought Declan home we had his bassinet about 6 feet from our bed. After a week we ended up moving the bassinet to the other side of the wall and it has made a huge difference. When Declan is crying because he doesn't want to go down for nap time that extra 2 inches of wood is the difference between hopelessness and sanity.

Now that we've taken Declan to other people's apartments, I've become amazed that you can be in a different room or even 10 feet away and you can't hear him. I'm not used to this so of course it makes me uneasy because I think what if he's crying and I can't
hear him.

Now this brings me to the cone of silence. When we are out on a walk and Mr. Declan gets fussy it's amazing that you can barely hear him under his plastic rain shield. Hence the Cone of Silence.No babies were harmed in the taking of this photo. Baby was promptly soothed after this photo was snapped.