Thursday, February 9, 2012

Hermana Proffit

It was 6 years ago yesterday that I entered the LDS Missionary Training Center to learn Spanish before serving the people in California and teaching about Christ. I wouldn't have even remembered had I not been tagged in a picture on Facebook.
 
I don't talk much about my time as a missionary because it brings up lots of emotions and was such a sacred time in my life. When I told Danny about how it had been 6 years, he asked if that realization was a teary moment. It surprised me that I could honestly tell him no because I'm really happy where I'm at today. I feel like I've done some really good things in my life since that day.

Like many Prophets have said: Everything good in my life can be traced back to my decision to serve a mission. 

While I may not make perfect choices every single day, I am grateful for the opportunity to strive to do better the next and to be able to look back with satisfaction on the experiences I've had, lessons I've learned, and who I've become.