Thursday, March 29, 2012

First Memories of NY

One of my first memories of New York City is looking for a place to eat in Queens with my parents. I remember feeling overwhelmed, lost, gasping for familiarity and thinking "what have I done". I chose to eat at Subway sandwiches because that was the only place that I recognized. After a year at NYU I actually tried to transfer to a school in Texas. I ended up being denied the transfer because I did not have enough credits under my belt. Little did I know, I would become the gal that loved to try new restaurants and would prefer to go to a new place every time. I would grow to love this city with all my soul. As I embark on this new adventure and undoubtedly have some "what have I done" thoughts I will recall how this unfamiliar city became home.