Saturday, March 3, 2012

Thank Yous - Travel Edition

Flying alone with a 4 month old is not for sissies.

Thank you fellow bus riders for your silent prayers. I hope we were not flying together or you got a double dose of crying baby.

Thank you TSA employees, fellow travelers and innocent bystanders. They say it takes a village to get a screaming baby through security. I can vouch for that.

Thank you man who sat next to me on the flight to Chicago. I thought you were fake sleeping because Declan was wailing until you started to snore.

Thank you Chicagoan that walked along side me at the Chicago airport and asked if I was going to be alright alone. I know you were returning home but would you have really cleared your schedule to stay with me had I said no? Oh and the tip about the caramel cheese popcorn - maybe I'll get some one day.

Thank you multiple strong men for lifting my suitcase into and out of the overhead storage and onto and off of the plane-side baggage cart. I'm strong enough to do it but like to have others serve me.

Thank you nice man for offering to take a turn holding my baby. I put the offer in my back pocket until you requested multiple Bacardi's from the in-flight beverage cart.

Thank you other young mother traveling with a happy little baby. I thought we were doing it together (alone) until I saw your husband.

Thank you woman on my flight to Kansas for offering your iPad for my baby's entertainment. I'm sure he would have loved Angry Birds but his mean mom doesn't let him play video games.

What? Did you say...


Flying!!