Sunday, January 3, 2010

Vows with White Blood Cells

I have been sick a lot more this winter than in years past. I suspect the reason is the company I keeps on Sunday mornings, however that is another post for another day.

When I am sick and lying in bed, I try to make pacts with my white blood cells. Their part of the deal is to work harder and get me healthy again and I am to do everything I can so that they don't have to work overtime and can take a break for the remainder of 2010.

Thursday, as I was willing my white blood cells to speed up the healing process, these were the vows I was silently making:

I vow to become a Purell addict.
I vow to wash my hands with warmer water and for 2 full rounds of Happy Birthday.
I vow to wear mittens on the subway and never touch the germ infested poles.
I vow to Lysol my doorknobs and light switches as a hobby.
I vow to sleep longer and eat more fruit.
I vow to purchase those nasty multivitamins and take them daily (this probably will not happen unless we count Flintstone chewables).