Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Judge Pirro Serves Justice

More and more I notice that my old soul has a tender heart. Danny and I can be watching commercials and one will randomly make me tear up. Two off the top of my head are this Pilsbury one and this Lowes one. Which leads me to my story.

Last week I was deathly ill. I came home from work early on Monday. Didn't go to work on Tuesday. Didn't go to work on Wednesday. Sent home from work on Thursday. Didn't go to work on Friday.

No work made room for a lot of TV watching.

So, during my daytime TV watching, I stumbled into the classy courtroom of Judge Pirro. Don't ask. Here's the case - a son was suing his mother (the grandmother) because he's been faithfully paying child support for his two young boys and the grandma has been pocketing the money when she actually put her grand boys in foster care. At the end, Judge Pirro gave the smack down on the grandmother for taking the money and told her she should be put in jail for shuffling these boys in and out of foster care. Currently the two boys, LJ and Chris, are close to being adopted and Judge Pirro told the father she is going to put $25,000 in each of the boy's names so that when they reach age 21 they can have a head start in life. It's so sad that these two young boys have been treated this way and my heart melts knowing that there are strangers out there rooting for them to succeed.