Monday, November 23, 2009

Sisters take Manhattan

Laura and Tim came to our city and spent the week doing as tourists do. Danny and I had to work, so we really just spent Friday night and Saturday with them. But we made sure to make up for lack of quantity of time with quality of fun- Shrek the Musical, American Natural History Museum, a Central Park stroll and LOTS of grub!

One of the highlights was eating brunch at the Central Park Boathouse. We sat at a table overlooking the lake where you rent row boats during the summer. It was a dream. After ordering our entrees, the waitress brought a bread basket. Now don't get me wrong, I’m pro pre-dinner carbs when eating Italian or even dinner rolls for any meal past 5pm. But to be honest, when I saw the bread basket before what essentially was my breakfast, it did not make my heart flutter. Oh, that was until I peeked inside and saw what was tucked in the folds! Lemon poppy seed muffins, blueberry muffins, flaky croissants, pumpkin bread, apple cinnamon bread and the list goes on and on. It was the best part of the dining experience.