Saturday, January 21, 2012

The Adventure Began

2011 was a wild ride with pregnancy and giving birth to Declan. I've been thinking about the little memories and experiences I wanted to preserve. I'll begin with my first trimester of pregnancy.

Back in February after work one day I found out we were having a baby. I didn't tell Danny right away, in fact, the two of us we went about our normal nightly routine - dinner, jeopardy, chatting, TV, etc. When we were finally all snuggled in bed for the night (probably around 1am) I whispered to him that I had a secret. Kind of drowsy he asked what it was. I paused and then told him we were having a baby.

Danny and I decided to wait to tell everyone that we were having a baby because my sister was getting married and she deserved the undivided spotlight. Looking back it was actually super fun to have this big news that just the two of us knew about.

I do not miss throwing up every single day. Thankfully only one of those instances was outside my apartment and even then it was in a trash can on 9th Avenue so it made me feel very New York.